Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Check it Out... Do Hard Things!

On Mother's Day I got the Harris twins' book called Do Hard Things. I can't believe how well they present the topics in their book and illustrate their point. It really makes you think of how you could inprove in your daily life. (You should get their book!)

Well anyway, I am now trying to think of how I could do hard things for Jesus' name. Up until I got their book and read it, I had thought of myself as a pretty good example of the Rebelution. But as I think back to only about two days ago, I never really made my bed each morning because I didn't feel like doing it! What a lousy thing to think, basing my actions on how I feel. If the world was built on feeling alone, this would be a pretty bad place to be. I also would put off cleaning my rabbit's cage because I would convince myself that the cage was very heavy, and I had to carry it all the way to the woods! And how is it that I don't mind carrying my tuba to band and back when it weighs about 50 pounds? Hmm. I wonder.

We all try to settle for the easier stuff in life, and sometimes just get by in our daily basis because that is human nature, instead of striving to do our very best job in everything. I know there is something holding me from doing my hardest in everything, we could all do better if we just made an effort to do so.


Alex and Brett Harris' book Do Hard Things is the perfect match for what I have just wrote. What they have to say in it is breathtaking. You probably never would realize what they said is true in your own life until you read about it in the book. I strongly suggest that you read it some time soon. The picture above is of their book, Do Hard Things.

Hope to hear from you soon, and feel free to ask a question or leave a comment. I will be back soon with more posts.

No comments: