Monday, May 5, 2008

Tuba Music for God

I'm back at posting on my blog again. I took a break from it while I was in the Minnesota Honor band with my tuba. And when I was in Honor band I got the idea to write a post on music for God. My brother says that whatever you do in your life, it was made to bring God glory. That is why he has a blog about Aerospace to the glory of God! I am so inspired by him that I want to try and do everything, not just play music, to the glory of God. It is so amazing that God would take our pitiful little words from our mouths and use them in such a way that can bring him glory!
I love to play my tuba and harmonize with the rest of the band, but lots of times my heart is not looking upward. I know that everybody has that problem because we are humans, and that is human nature, but that should not stop us from trying our hardest to lift our hearts in praise no matter what we do.
My goal for my tuba hobby is to not be a receiver of praise, for man's praise is nothing. But be the praiser to the one and only receiver. Do you have a hobby or passion that you are having a hard time giving God all the glory with? I have lots of hobbies that I still am taking the credit for.
Maybe some day I will join a professional band and be a missionary to the other musicians, because lots of the musicians in this world focus on the music and not God. Do you have a passion for music and God? I would love to hear you story too. Feel free to leave your own ideas on my blog, I would love to talk to you soon.

1 comment:

DTH Rocket said...

Good work! Love the post. (And take my word for it, people. She really knows how to play the tuba!)

"I am so inspired by him..."

Aw, gorsh.