Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Hectic Adventure part 1

I like the word hectic. It describes a lot in one little word. Like a trip to Florida.
Yes, I went to Florida for spring break this year with my family, and just got back today. What a trip it was!!! I will download some pics here in a minute of all that we did. But the main reason we were there was to visit a university that my brother might be going to next year. It is called Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, and as you can see it is all about aeronautics. My brother is a rocket scientist or that is what he is going to be, and Embry Riddle was perfect for him. Everybody there was into what he is into. And while we were down there we decided to see the space shuttle launch. NASA will only do a few more so we didn't want to miss it. That too was AWESOME!!! I will go into details later. I am thinking of having more than one post to talk about this trip so don't worry, I will mention it.
This post is about the trip down there. We drove down, all the way through the night with out stopping once for a motel. I slept on the floor of our SUV and my siblings slept on the seats. Our parents took turns driving in the night while the other slept.
We were in WI Dells when the battery died and we had to get the SUV fixed. So dad got a county worker to stop and asked him about a place to have it towed to. (Meanwhile we kids goofed off.) The worker told us to call Platt's Garage so we did and a tow truck came from Platt's to tow us away. The driver said we could just stay in the SUV as he towed us and so we did! I had never ridden in a vehicle as it was being towed. Very fun. So we had a picnic while they fixed our SUV, and it only delayed us a bit. My brother and sister and I went exploring in the woods near by and found a cool tree. Very cool. So we left when the SUV was fixed and continued on our merry way. We went through lots of states and cities. But we finally made it after 30 hours in the car!! yay!! We made it to Daytona Beach!

Look for part 2 of the adventure!

5 comments:

Paul Mulder said...

Lol in that picture your brother looks like a missionary kid I know.. I thought that was kinda funny. ugh.. I g2g. I might comment more later.

Paul Mulder said...

Wait, you broke down in the dells? That's only an hour and a half from where I live! And it only took you 30 hrs. of driving?

Eldarwen said...

omiword, we have the same exact Sub. and ours "broke down" as well! How funny! Though, for us, it was the engine. *cries* That's super expensive and now we all have to cram into our 5 passenger car (there's 6 in my family).

{Love}
Eldarwen

Cole Franke said...

sorry you broke down. that middle picture is hilarious though. Great blog! :)

nicole visiting from
http://lettersfromcoco.blogspot.com/

Abigail Hastings said...

Thanks!
Eldarwen- sorry your suv broke!
Jase- It took us 30 hours to get to Florida....