Thursday, February 25, 2010

All the music

Man oh man! Have I been busy or what lately! All I have been doing is band related stuff. I had an honor band concert in the last part of January, and plenty of pep band events for school, and a band festival, and now a concert today! Goodness me! Thankfully it is the fun kind of busy. Some of the songs we are playing in band are so fantastic I find myself lost in my imagination as we play. And of course the director makes it fun too.
Another thing is that my birthday was 3 days ago, and all the money I got for it is going to Marching band for next year.(You wouldn't believe how much it costs to be in the Marching band!) And once I save up for that, I have to start saving for a trip to florida that the band is taking next spring. Wow! I have never really had a need for money before, and now it seems that I can't do anything in this world without money.
And of course a random photo of me and my tuba!



Sorry for the long space where I did not write!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, "busy" could describe my life right now too! :) Wow! I didn't know that you were so into music...I guess I haven't been paying attention if you talk about it a lot! Sorry about that! ;) Anyway, glad that it's the "fun" kind of busy! :) That's the best kind! :)
Have fun at your concert tonight!
Blessings,
~Miss Raquel

Unknown said...

PS: I'm having a contest and giveaway over at my blog...come check it out! :)

Anonymous said...

MY WORD! Your tuba is huge!!
Glad to hear you're doing fine =)

Abigail Hastings said...

Haha! Yes it is huge!

Farmer Gal said...

You're a busy girl! I used to be involved in our high school choir (and also in college a bit) and I loved it. It was always such a good creative outlet.

Thanks for stopping in at my blog!

DTH Rocket said...

Sweet. I'd be in a band if I weren't so busy.

Abigail Hastings said...

Rockets do take up some time don't they.

Paul Mulder said...

Oh my word that thing's big! I'm glad I only play the Baritone/Euphonium.. (I still don't know which, but there's really no difference.

Abigail Hastings said...

Jase, I play baritone too, that is what I started on. very fun indeed.

Paul Mulder said...

Really? Cool. I currently play in my school's band (I'm only in 8th grade thought so.. not much of a band)and church orchestra (not a good place for a baritone, really, but it's challenging and helping me a lot, so.. anyways I'm again actively posting on my blog, just thought I'd let you know. ;)

Nathan R. Petrie said...

I play tenor sax! It's pretty awesome LOL

I got really busy with stuff....then I decided I didn't want to be busy. So I focused on writing....I think it was the right choice for me lol

By the way, I saw on your profile that you're a fan of Bryan Davis's Dragons in Our Midst series! Me too! I'm giving away his latest book "Starlighter" on my blog. If you think about it, stop by and enter!

Take care!

Nathan
http://whisperedroars.blogspot.com/

Hope Marie said...

Hi, I just found your blog and I love that as ladies of the Lord we will wait botton on the side how can I get it?