Friday, April 18, 2008

An interesting quote

This is a quote from a book called The Basket of Flowers. I just started reading this book and I am already really into it. It is an old book about a young girl and her father, who are both devoted christians. The quote is taken from the very first chapter which is more like an introduction really. Anyway, I found it quite interesting, and I hope you do too.
"Human nature is the same in all countries; on the one hand we find the human heart, sinful,producing a life apart from God which leads to total misery and sorrow; and on the other hand, the remedy for this despair, is the work of the Holy Spirit of God, producing a personal relationship with Jesus Christ which leads us to a life of purpose and peace. 'For whosoever shall call upon the name of the LORD shall be saved.' (Romans 10:13). The whole book is full of interest, and of the most valuable moral and biblical instruction; and we are persuaded that young people and old alike, will peruse it with pleasure, and reap from it many great advantages."
I hope you find that just as interesting as I do. the author of this book is named, Christoph Von Schmid. He wrote lots of Christ-centered books and novels. If you have any good God-centered books that you think others might enjoy, please tell me about them. I would love to hear about them.

1 comment:

DTH Rocket said...

Interesting!

Keep publishing your great ideas!