Thursday, October 1, 2009

Fall Fell on our house....Literally

A few days ago, around the change into fall, there were terrible winds all day one day. It was not a storm, just some fall winds like there always are around here. Then as I am coming home from school on my bike with my brother I glanced at one of our dogs in the dog pen. I did a double take, She was playing around the top branches of one of our oldest maple trees! A large chunk of it had come crashing down onto our deck and dog playpen during the day because of the winds! We had been planing on building a tree house in that tree for a long time, but now we really can't. Now when ever I look out my window or the sliding door I see a jungle of branches and leaves just out side.


This is what I see from my dining room.






The tree crushed another when it fell!



This is a close up of the crack. It really cracked! And the wind was what caused it. Amazing isn't it? I guess the tree was not fully alive though. I wish I could play in it like I did years ago when another large tree fell. I remember playing I was an Indian in the jungle with my siblings. We caught a big fish and carried it home to our chief (Dad) and gave it to him. Of course this all was just make believe in our front yard with a fallen tree. But I had so much fun that fall.

6 comments:

Paul Mulder said...

Woah! So was the house not damaged badly? it didn't look like it.. Probably a good thing you didn't build a fort there, or somebody may have been inside when it fell! Wow..

~Miss Zara~ said...

Hi,
I have special needs and I suffer from a rare syndrome.
Would you like to be penpals?
Please let me know
My Address is
zaramayross@googlemail.com

DTH Rocket said...

I don't know... I kinda would've been fun to be in a treehouse in a tree that falls

Paul Mulder said...

After it falls maybe.. & possibly during the fall, depending on the cirumstances, i guess it could be fun..

Abigail Hastings said...

Ha Ha! You sound like a thrill seeker!

Paul Mulder said...

No... they tend to find me. Makes the whole 'searching' part almost too easy! :P